Curry leaves are an aromatic herb used in cooking that has a lemony flavour. But they also have many other uses, such as hair care.
Curry powder, which is a mixture of many spices, is not the same as curry leaves.
Murraya koenigii or kadi patta are additional names for the curry leaf plant, which is indigenous to South Asian nations like India, Sri Lanka, and others.
Carbazole alkaloids, which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, are widely present in the curry leaves. In holistic medicine, they are used to treat a range of illnesses, including digestive issues.
Curry leaves are used by people all around the world to care for their hair, but do they actually enhance hair health?
Scroll down to know the benefits of curry leaves for hair growth and how to use them to promote hair development.
Also Read our web story on ways to use curry leaves for hair growth.
How To Use Curry Leaves For Hair Growth
Antioxidants present in curry leaves. These antioxidants fight free radicals and maintain the strength and health of your hair. Curry leaves also contain beta-carotene and proteins.
These vitamins and minerals help to prevent excessive hair loss and hair thinning. The leaves also contain a lot of amino acids, which help to stimulate hair follicles and maintain their health.
To learn how to use curry leaves to promote hair growth, continue reading.
Caution: Curry leaf paste may cause an allergic reaction on your skin. Before applying it to your scalp, do a patch test. The seeds should not be eaten because they are harmful.
1. Coconut & Curry Leaves Hair Tonic
The penetrating properties of coconut oil are well known, and it keeps your hair hydrated and nourished.
When the oil is combined with the nutrients found in curry leaves, it forms a mixture that helps in preventing hair loss and strengthening the roots and shafts of the hair.
All you need is 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and A handful of fresh curry leaves.
- Curry leaves are added to a pan once the coconut oil has been added.
- Start heating the oil until it starts forming black residue around the leaves. While doing this, maintain a safe distance from the pan because the oil may splutter.
- Stop the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Strain the tonic after it has cooled. Now you can use it on your hair.
- Apply the oil to your scalp and gently massage it with your fingertips. Focus mostly on your hair’s tips and roots.
- After an hour, wash it with shampoo.
To see noticeable changes within a month, massage this tonic into your scalp 2-3 times a week before each wash. Regular scalp stimulation and oiling will also speed up the growth of your hair.
2. Add Curry Leaves in Your Diet
Hair care involves both what you put on your hair and what you put inside your body. Including curry leaves in your diet is the best approach to use them to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
This can be can be simple as topping rice or curries with curry leaf powder. You could also drink milk or buttermilk mixed with finely minced curry leaves and mint leaves (pudina).
Ayurveda says that pitta (the heat factor) is responsible for hair loss, and curry leaves have the ability to balance pitta and control metabolism.
3. Yogurt and Curry Leaves Hair Mask
Yogurt is a fantastic moisturiser for the scalp. Your scalp and hair will feel soft and clean after it removes dead skin cells and dandruff.
Curry leaves have vital nutrients that help cleanse impurities from your scalp and strengthen follicles. Additionally, they help in preventing premature greying.
All you need is A handful of curry leaves and 3-4 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Make a thick paste from the curry leaves.
- Add 3–4 tablespoons of yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of the curry leaves paste (depending on the length of your hair).
- The two ingredients should be well mixed to form a smooth paste.
- Now Massage your hair and scalp with this paste. Make sure it covers all your hair, from the roots to the tips
- Leave it on for at least 30 minutes and then, wash it off with shampoo.
Use this hair mask once a week to improve scalp health and achieve soft, lustrous hair.
4. Onion and Curry Leaves Hair Fall Treatment
A powerful combination of onion juice and curry leaves for hair that works together to strengthen hair follicles and control hair fall. This helps prevent early greying and hair fall.
- Put 15 to 20 fresh curry leaves in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Add onion juice to the paste after that.
- leave this paste on your hair for almost an hour.
- To ensure there is no onion odour left behind, so thoroughly rinse it with water before shampooing.
Benefits Of Using Curry Leaves For Hair
- Curry leaves enhance follicle health by removing stored dirt, grime, and dead skin. They have nutrients that nourish and strengthen the roots, stopping hair loss.
- One of the main factors causing irritation of the scalp is product buildup. Additionally, the deposits that your hair products can create under the cuticles of your hair shaft will make your hair look lifeless and dull. it also gives your frizzy hair that is prone to breaking and tangling. Curry leaves help in removing this buildup, giving your scalp and hair a rejuvenated and healthy feeling.
- The leaves are applied directly to stimulate the scalp and improve blood pressure. This helps boost hair growth and remove toxins.
- Curry leaves include a variety of nutrients that promote healthy hair and new hair growth.
- Antioxidants are rich in curry leaves. Your hair and scalp’s health can be maintained with the help of antioxidants. They fight the damage-causing free radicals to maintain the health of your hair.
- Curry leaves help in preventing early hair ageing, which helps your hair maintain its colour and lustre for longer.
- Curry leaves increase your hair’s tensile strength and elasticity. Damaged hair begins to restore its previous strength and lustre when it receives enough hydration and nourishment.
- Curry leaves and coconut oil work together to give your hair the hydration and nourishment it needs to recover.
- Curry leaves help strengthen your hair roots and enhance the general health of your hair.
Curry leaves are known for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and are a great source of essential nutrients.
The leaves help with digestion and are used in cooking. They are used to treat a range of diseases in holistic medicine.
Curry leaves are also frequently used in hair treatment, and many people claim that it keeps hair smooth and healthy. However, there is a shortage of scientific research in peer-reviewed journals.
Curry leaves are great for your hair, so there’s probably no risk in using them unless you have an allergic reaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Curry Leaves Tea Have Any Hair Benefits?
Curry leaves are rich in essential nutrients and are used to treat a number of illnesses. It’s possible that curry leaf tea will benefit your hair.
However, because there aren’t many research on curry leaves and hair, it’s unclear how much tea would be necessary to improve your hair
Can Curry Leaves Control Frizz?
Curry leaves have been used to smooth down and reduce frizz in some people, and they claim that it work great.
Although there is no data to support any effect on frizzy hair, it may just come down to personal preference.
What Happens If I Eat Curry Leaves Daily?
Eating curry leaves may help remove dead hair follicles and stop hair thinning, according to anecdotal evidence. However there is no definitive scientific research on this subject.
Do Curry Leaves Turn Hair Black?
They could. Curry leaves may help in boosting the production of melanin in hair follicles, turning your hair black.